Weather Policy — WORLD LACROSSE BEACH FESTIVAL
Tournament Cancellation –
– The tournament has fixed expenses relating to the field rental and facilities, staging and set-up costs, insurance, personnel and other matters regardless of cancellation due to weather. Accordingly, participants will not receive a full refund of the entry fee if the tournament is cancelled.
– Park advisors, not tournament organizers, have final say on whether the tournament will take place due to weather conditions.
– Every attempt will be made to update cancellations on the website.
– Please be advised that there are no rain dates.
Weather- Related Adjustments During the Tournament – In the event of adverse or threatening weather or un-playable field conditions, Tournaments organizers reserve the right to:
- Cancel further play
- Add or reduce playing time in order to allow catch-up with the schedule of play.
- Interrupt and suspend games as necessary: games may be continued from the point of interruption at the earliest opportunity, but may become final scores based on time constraints.
- Finish game before inclement weather arrives or to perserve field conditions: games will be deemed official at the point of termination. All future games cancelled due to weather will be considered WINS for both teams.
- Officials are expected to follow established safety rules and suspend play/games for the appropriate intervals of time if there are lightening strikes in the vicinity of the event (play will typically be allowed to resume no sooner than 20-30 minutes after the last sound of thunder or sighting of lightening is observed in the discretion of officials and the Tournament Director).
- No refunds will be issued due to any weather related adjustments during the Tournament.
CAUTION: It is not advisable to seek shelter under tents on an otherwise open beach during adverse weather conditions, including lightening storms. All participants are expected (as asked) to use common sense and reasonably prudent judgment when dealing with adverse or threatening weather conditions.
Thank you for patience and understanding with circumstance beyond our control.