Rules — WORLD LACROSSE BEACH FESTIVAL
Speed Lacrosse Rules for World Lacrosse Beach Festival
What you need to know is this:
- Team consists of 4 to 5 players: 3 players on the field at all times with 1 or 2 substitutes.
- Field is 40×20 yards.
- Ball is 3 ounces. The official ball of Speed Lacrosse.
- Goals 3.5ft x 3.5ft.
- Teams devise their own uniforms. Can be as simple as the same color shirt. Have fun Must be presentable and appropriate for competition.
- Lacrosse sticks must be a minimum of 36″ no regulation on pocket depth. – No long poles or goalie sticks.
- Players may wear hats, visors, or sunglasses at their own risk. Girls/Women encouraged to wear googles.
- Players may wear bare feet, socks, or booties. Shoes may be worn but no cleats or spikes.
- Players may choose to wear lightly padded football receiver gloves
- Athletic Supporter – Boys/Men are asked to wear protection.
- Each match is three 6-minute periods.
- There is a two minute break between periods.
- Only injury time-outs.
- All substitute are on the fly.
- Continuous clock at registration tent.
- Each team will play a minimum of four games.
- The surface of beach play is much different than grass. A bit more tiring.
- Players may play up in age division but not down.
- There are no goalies and no coaches.
- Tournament format will be determined based on the number of entries per division.
- Players may only play on one team.
- Team Manager or parent to help younger divisions get top appropriate courts.
- Team reports score back to registration table after each game.
- Respect your opponents and other players, parents and teams. “Honor the Game” on all levels.
- Be modest in victory and gracious in defeat. Permitting, encouraging or condoning performance that is dangerous or demeaning
to a player, referee, fan or anyone connected with the function of the event is unacceptable.
- CPWLF thanks you for your cooperation and efforts in making this experience a memorable event for our youth players and fans alike. THANK YOU!
Every player must submit a completed waiver to participate. Waivers can be filled out online by selecting the Waivers Tab
Registration Donation: The registration/donation fee is $200 per Player and can be paid through Paypal/Donation Button electronically or through mail to the World Lacrosse Foundation. The fee includes a Casey Powell World Lacrosse Beach T-shirt. The fee is a tax deductible donation. The CPWLF will put the funds toward the rental of the beach, insurance, and business operation expenses for this event, in addition to fulfilling it’s mission statement.
Once registered there is no refund policy. We appreciate your donation to support the spread of lacrosse locally and widely.